BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 21, 2011

the perfect husband and his superiority complex

I once heard someone preach about superiority complex and I thought then that there was really no such a thing as that, until recently I met this guy that is an embodiment of superiority. The guy is in his early thirties and has bluntly refused to believe that I am in my own early twenties too. Whenever I am having a discussion with this guy, he would always jokingly say things like 'you are crazy, or stupid girl' and I always go 'same to you'. Then he would get very angry and call me insolent and ofcourse I tell him that I have never actually insulted him, I just say 'same to you'. He has never said goodmorning to me either, because he believes that since I am the younger one, I should always be the first to say good morning. He says this is how every African girl must act. I said 'That is how your forefathers deceived their women, back then even the old women greeted the young men first'. Then he runs to the bible and says 'A man that finds a good wife has found a crown to his head' and I lose my temper and say 'How did people like you get on my friend list'.

He once told me that any girl that gets him for a husband is very lucky, but I say the girl is in big trouble. Guys like him believe they are the best thing that could happen to womanhood, he is never gonna wake up any morning and be the first to say goodmorning to his poor wife, he is gonna verbally abuse her, and any retorts from her would earn her a beating, if she let's him, he is going to demand that she kneels down while serving him, as the African tradition demands, when she starts ageing, he is gonna marry a second wife. He is gonna use logic from both the bible and from African tradition to keep her in bondage when it suits him, but he's never gonna let her remind him about what the bible says about his own behaviour because before she does, he would tell her of how a woman should be silent. This my friend represents 70% of Nigerian men, which means all Nigerian women are in trouble. However, these men are only going to do this to women who let them, women who are so desperate to get married or stay married that they have lost all their voice. I already feel very sorry for these women

I have realised that I am ok with blogging just once or twice a month. Thanks for all your comments in my previous post

17 comments:

Toinlicious said...

high5 gurl! I have a friend like this and whenever i one-up him, he plays the African-women card. Nonsense and ingredient. If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the kitchen#shikena. Most of them just assume you don't have a brain & wen they admit you do have a brain, they expect you to dumb-down & not use it. insecure %#$^$^& mshew.

Thanx for dropping by my blog and following too

Sugarcoated said...

So true Toinlicious, thanks for dropping by too

tunrayo said...

This might explain why a lot of guys have put me in the 'one of the guys' zone. I don't buy into the whole 'African Woman' mentality. It must be the rebel in me acting out because of all the nonsense my mother endured because she has to be the submissive wife. Hian.

But Sugarcoated, ejaculate? seriously?! ROTFL

HoneyDame said...

Those men don't know what is coming to them..... the 21st century women dont suffer fools gladly anymore...
let him sit there, make pant dey wear him!
osisco and company!

Sugarcoated said...

@Tunrayo
Lol, thanks for ejaculating dearie. Guy zone is definitely a better place to be

Sugarcoated said...

@Honeydame:yeah, though a few unlucky ones are still left behind

Myne Whitman said...

Maybe not up to 98% but them plenty sha. I cannot stand men like that. A man can be superior if he wants to be but he doesn't need to put others down, especially women.

BSNC said...

Guyz like that annoying the heck out of me. Like really are you God. Abeg shift jare lol.

Sugarcoated said...

@Myne: yeah, but it would still be a very large percentage


BSNC: lol, same here

Tamunoibifiri Mobolaji-Kamson said...

yeah i am with Myne maybe not 98% but them plenty. i hate guys like that and i cant stand them. what rubbish. go and marry a village girl if that is what you want or something and besides women are human beings too and deserve to be treated with respect.
www.secretlilies.blogspot.com
thanks for your comment on my blog.

kitkat said...

I missed visiting your blog. This is one of the few blogs i actually enjoy reading :)
That guy is a complete jackass, and it's sad that there are many more chauvinistic baboons out there, not only in Africa, but in every continent (though africa & the middle-east definitely take the cake)
I've also decided to blog just 1ce a month lol. are u on twitter?
xoxo

doll said...

ridiculous

Geebee said...

Hmmm do i sense 'woman activism' brewing here? lol. True, you have a strong point. There should be a less oppressive tone to the manner men treat women. The bible that says, wives should submit to their husband also asks husbands to love their wives and love sure does not imply being overly dominating. Well said, gurl. I've been a runaway blogger but i'm back now. Hope to see you on my page.

People, THE GEEBEE CHRONICLES is back. Catch up on the latest episodes.

Utah graphic design said...

I can't believe that this thing really exists even nowadays? Unfair treatment to women is so unfair and they should not be treated as their husband's servant as well.

justsoyouknow said...

Men are expected to act like that. The society's mind had been conditioned to think that way. Kinda sad.
kugel mesh lawsuit

Rhapsody said...

Blessings......
Sometimes that is how our flaws show up. We all have them it just manifest differently

Priscy P said...

hey girl! how you doing? been ages dear, please come back soon.