BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the art of imagination

I love Chimamanda Adiche’s works. Yet she says she hates Chimamanda. She claims Chimamanda does not tell you everything, that she leaves a lot to be imagined.

I love it that a lot is left to be imagined. I love the world because in the absence of no hope, there is still an option of building your hopes on imaginations.

In as much as I like to plan my life, I like to always leave the little probability that something unexpected could happen . I like to imagine. Maybe that is why I write.

I like to imagine that I would be out of the university in two years, yet they have been on strike for almost two months now.

I like to imagine I can drive a car, yet he says I am too unserious to learn to really drive.

I like to imagine I just love water but she says I am possessed.
I like to imagine that I am just a modest girl yet he says I must be a lesbian
I like to imagine I can write but sometimes, opening ms word just makes my head knock.

I like to imagine that both Bike men and policemen have been proven to collaborate with kidnappers, yet he says only bike men get banned from riding bikes.

I like to imagine that keke napep with its tiny tires, is too fragile to move side by side those big lorries but he says it is the only way to stop kidnapping.

I like to think someone lived in that beautiful house, which always has light even when Nepa has forsaken us for weeks but they say it is empty and belongs to the governor.

I like to imagine that he means it when he looks at me so lustfully and says ‘I love you’ but I say I can’t.

I like to imagine that when two elephants are fighting, the students of Nigerian universities suffer, but they say it is the grasses that suffer

I like to imagine I am not the one for bribery, but they say this is Nigeria, Nigeria, MYGERIA

I like to imagine that all these my problems are just silly little things that bothers everyone my age, but these silly little things have refused to leave my mind.

I like to imagine I would outgrow all my worries, all these things, and finally have peace but they say peace in Nigeria, is the peace of a graveyard.

They say that when you have a close shave with death, your life flashes before your eyes. Few days ago, I almost crashed while trying to reverse a car, nothing flashed before my eyes, I just felt … high. Maybe my whole life is just high
Finally, I like to imagine this was a literary blog but I say I don’t even know what it is yet

19 comments:

Jude Dibia said...

I really like this post! The power of imagination is limitless... and your blog, for what it's worth, is a very good one!

JD

Enkay said...

Imagination truly is our creative ability. It's just that, sometimes, it takes much longer than anticipated.

Don't stop imagining dearie, you could create a whole new world!

Rose said...

Imagination, I guess is something, that we truly own, because with individual, both the capacity to imagine and to inteprete differs.
It's alright for your Blog to not have a particular theme..Hope you have been well?..

rayo said...

i love this!

Andrea said...

whoa,this is good...imagination...

Writefreak said...

Imagine all you can dear..that is how ideas are created!
And oh peace is not a pie in the sky in Nigeria, you can have peace wherever you live!

Lol at your whole life being high!

Writefreak said...

Imagine all you can dear..that is how ideas are created!
And oh peace is not a pie in the sky in Nigeria, you can have peace wherever you live!

Lol at your whole life being high!

Have you any wool said...

@ JD
you visited my blog again today. And you really loved my post. This is so cool, so cool.

@ Enkay
thanks for your advice. your blog seems to have stopped at the shoe story. what's up. well, i would go there now and see what's up. thanks

Have you any wool said...

@ JD
you visited my blog again today. And you really loved my post. This is so cool, so cool.

@ Enkay
thanks for your advice. your blog seems to have stopped at the shoe story. what's up. well, i would go there now and see what's up. thanks

Have you any wool said...

Rose

'she is gentle and kind, romantic and soft'

that's a quote from your most recent post. and it is so true. you are always asking 'how are you' and i feel like you are a really good friend. Thanks for always being there.

Rayo

Thanks, that means a lot to me


Andrea

First time here! Welcome. Thanks for the compliment.

Have you any wool said...

Write freak
yeah, for a moment i paused to wonder about the peace issue and i realised that if you put aside these imaginations and just believe... your blog really inspires me in difficult times

Lol, my life is high like high life music.

Maxine said...

I like that this seems on one level completely coherent and then at times stream-of-consciousness erratic.

sunnyside said...

i believe there is more to imagination than we could possibly imagine.u can create something simply by imagining it.and you are right in the absence of hope u can build your hopes by imagining. lovely blog

Have you any wool said...

@ Maxine
stream of consciousness eratic. That is big. thanks


@ Sunnyside
thanks

Buttercup said...

Wow, I thank God for sparing your life o.. I also imagine a lot..makes my life so much more pleasant..

Have you any wool said...

Guess all of us fall back on imaginations from time to time. Thanks

akaBagucci said...

This totally wows me... You and Rose have a way with words that beats me hollow..

Geebee said...

Imagination in itself is a unique art. It is a medium through which we can create magic and picture things that ain’t necessarily there as though they were. Sometimes I like to assume there’s a very thin line between imagination and faith. Nice piece. Thanks for stopping by my pad.

Have you any wool said...

Roses words are powerful, to compare them with mine really means something

@geebee
i have a powerful imagination, which means i have powerful faith. thanks

thank you, thank you everyone. i have met really intelligent friends on blogville